Photo courtesy of www.meinmyplace.com
Just because your partner is in a different time zone is no reason to stop having sex – yes, we mean with each other. While geographic separation may make it difficult to, say, have a quickie on the kitchen table, you can still have amazing, satisfying sex. All you need is a little planning, a webcam – and a little willingness to expand your definition of "sex." Here are five steps to doing it intercontinental-style.
1. You have Skype, right? Right?? No? Okay, here you go. Now you can see each other (naked) and talk (dirty) to one another as much as you want, and you can also do Steps 2 through 5.
2. Get comfortable. Even couples who have been together for ages can find it suddenly awkward to talk and act erotically for one another when confronted with a webcam. Bring your laptop into the bedroom, and arrange the webcam so it's filming you in bed – this is where many people feel the most comfortable being sexual, and it may help you open up, so to speak.
3. I saw something that made me think of you." Talking dirty is an art, but it's fairly easy to learn. A good rule of thumb is to start by describing something sexy you saw or heard, or a dream you had, and, yes, you can totally make it up. This takes the pressure off you to talk about yourself and your sexy thoughts, while still giving your partner plenty to get excited about. Once you're both turned on and feeling less inhibited, you can get personal with a "what would you do to me if I was there?" line of questioning.
4. Embrace your inner exhibitionist and voyeur. Talking each other off while you masturbate is one way – but if you want to take it up a notch, you can also put on a show with a striptease or vibrator play. Try experimenting with the lighting and camera angle to set the mood. Tip: The most universally flattering camera angle tends to be from slightly above looking down.
5. Yay, technology. Though not yet commercially available, there are computer "body stimulation" accessories currently in development that will make your web camming experience all the more pleasurable. These vibrating devices connect through platforms like Skype, and can be remotely controlled by your partner. So when they tell you what they're going to do to you... they can actually do it. What are these devices called, pray tell? "Teledildonics." The best word ever.